Thursday, December 1, 2011

Strong marriage is reward for keeping God 1st.

Marriage is a special sacred bond between a husband and wife that cannot be easily broken.

That's what we tell ourselves often, but the fact of the matter is that there is an alarming divorce rate in this country and some people are just fed up with their spouse's actions.

I'm not going to sit up here and say that I have all this worked out, because the truth of the matter is I don't. I have been married for five years and it has been quite a challenge.

We have dealt with the death of loved ones, including our child, and have found out that two becoming one is a lot easier said than done.

Marriage is indeed difficult, as I have stated on this blog many times before. You have to ask yourself sometimes is this what God is telling me to do, and how can I add value to this other person and honor God.

I have said this time and time again, and I will stand by it until the day that I die. A marriage that doesn't have God at the center of it, will flounder. You have to have the love of Christ in your heart to be married.

How else are you going to be able to forgive your spouse once they do something wrong? How else are you going to cement the cracks that could form past disappointments?

Keep God first and a strong marriage will be your great reward.

0 comments: