Saturday, January 7, 2017

Blessings in the Potty






My 2-year-old son Moses did something that shocked me the other day.

He got up, walked to the toilet and used the bathroom all by himself. Moses did it without any help and more importantly, without any mistakes.

As soon as his mom got home from work, I told her the wondrous tale and we all danced around in merriment and jubilee. Even his 5-year-old sister was happy!

Well maybe I'm exaggerating just a little. Maybe there wasn't dancing and that much fanfare. Maybe it was more of a smile stretching from ear-to-ear as acknowledgement that finally our little boy was starting to get the concept of using the restroom. And just maybe it was more that we were thankful to God for this blessing.

So, I have a question for the people reading this. In a world where we constantly deal with issues and pressures - is there anything you're thankful for? Is there anything no matter how big or small that
you're genuinely happy about?

I know I'm happy. I'm happy my son went to the potty by himself. And that is a victory in itself for me.

0 comments: