Monday, July 25, 2011

Grace and Fox in Sox

Now that Grace's acid reflux has settled down a great deal, her mother and I are able to read to her a whole lot more. One of her favorites is Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss.

We received the book as a gift from one of my wife's girlfriends and for some strange reason Grace seems to gravitate toward it. Every time I read it to her she cracks a playful smile and laughs. She can be in the middle of a full blown out cry, but Fox in Socks always seems to intrigue her.

Perhaps its because the book is a bonafide tongue twister and she loves to see the look on her daddy's face as I squirm trying to capture every word of the classic tale.

I mean come on, who can say this with a straight face:
When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle.

Yeah Grace, if I were you I'd be laughing too.

0 comments: