Friday, July 1, 2011

Troubled family member letter

I admit that I'm not a counselor and everything I say here is my opinion and not the gospel, but this I feel as if some people reading this might need to communicate something to a troubled loved one and might not have the exact words.


Dear _______________

I'll get right to the point, the family is worried about you. Your behavior over the last few months has us deeply concerned.

After seeing you on this path - well it looks like you're headed toward a downward spiral. We want you to get help and turn your life around, but we can't do that for you. And to continue to support you - well we would be enabling you.

So as much as it hurts, we have to take a step back. We don't know why you're making some of the decisions that you're making. We don't know what it is that you're exactly going through, but we do know that its time to step back.

Please know that we'll always love you, but we can't continue on this path.

0 comments: