Friday, August 26, 2011

FBGW: Fender Bender Gone Wrong

Earlier yesterday, I was waiting at the bus stop getting ready for a long day at work. All of a sudden I heard screeching and saw an SUV rear end another vehicle.

A man of thin build emerged from the SUV. An older woman was in the car that was rear ended. The man, who was visibly upset, approached the woman and apologized.

"I"m so sorry," he said. "I'm so sorry."

What came next took everyone by surprise. The visibly distraught man then ran out in the middle of the road, flagging down nearby cars. He then ran against the flow of traffic and squatted on a nearby hill.

As he did this, a group of school children were waiting on the bus. Terrified they began running and screaming when the man dove face first into the ground at them.

From that point, I sprung into action. I carefully rounded the kids up and helped guide them down the street so they could catch the bus at an earlier point in the route.

I flagged the bus driver down and told her what was going on and the children safely got on the bus.

By the time I returned to the scene of the crime, a police officer had already subdued the visibly upset man.

Traffic was to a standstill and onlookers were shocked by what had happened.

I myself was a babbling idiot. Pumped full of adrenaline.... By the time I reached work I was already coming down and about near the point where I was comatose.

Pretty interesting morning.

0 comments: