Monday, October 31, 2011

Kim Kardashian getting a divorce

So Kim Kardashian is apparently filing for divorce from Kris Humphries after about 72 days of marriage. 



There are so many jokes that I could insert here, but I won't. You see it's pretty sad when the institution of marriage is treated like a breakup with a boyfriend or girlfriend. I don't know all the details about Kim's marriage, but it seems to me like the two weren't taking it seriously.

Marriage is an institution between a man and his wife that's suppose to form a bond that lasts forever. It's not something that's put away with convenience - just because there is an argument.

You have to work through these things. It takes time and it takes a lot of effort and energy. So often when we get married we don't look at the work it will take to achieve or maintain such a union. I can tell you that I didn't. I thought I knew everything but in the first year of marriage, I made every mistake a rookie husband could make.

Kim, the man has barely had a chance to make mistake yet. Don't go through with this. Work things out.

0 comments: