Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Let the Mud Slinging Begin

Sexual harassment and Herman Cain are two things that really don't seem like they belong in the same sentence, or the same blog for that matter.

 

But it seems as if  two female employees of the National Restaurant Association, which he headed back in the 90s, had indeed made some sexual harassment allegations and there was a settlement.

In an interview with Greta Van Sustren on Monday night, Cain went into detail about the complaint. Here is some of what he said below:


"She was in my office one day, and I made a gesture saying -- and I was standing close to her -- and I made a gesture saying you are the same height as my wife.  And I brought my hand up to my chin saying, 'My wife comes up to my chin.'"  At that point, Cain gestured with his flattened palm near his chin.  "And that was put in there [the complaint] as something that made her uncomfortable," Cain said, "something that was in the sexual harassment charge."

Doesn't seem like much does it. Maybe it's much to do about nothing. Anyhow Cain should be sort of happy that this came out. It shows that he's a serious threat and a candidate not to be taken lightly. Time will tell if he can overcome this.

0 comments: