Friday, November 25, 2011

Reality of a Sleep Deprived Dad

After a long hard day at the office, there's nothing better that I would like to come home to than a hot meal to be shared around the dinner table with my family and a nice nightcap with my wife.

Unfortunately that doesn't happen.

What does happen is, I usually have dinner with me when I'm at work - it takes so long to get to the apartment complex, that my former personal trainer would skin me alive if I was to even take a bite of food when I reached home. 

My daughter Grace is usually hitting REM sleep. My wife is less than energized after a day of diaper changes; wardrobe changes; washing clothes; preparing meals; grocery shopping; and cooking.

When I get home I have dishes to wash, the dog to take out; and milk bottles to wash.

In fact it can lead to some pretty intense situations around the house, because frustrations can run at an all time high.

But you have to make time for yourself. You have to cut away and enjoy the few hours of time during the day that are truly yours. If you're not great on time management, having a baby will put you on the right path.

0 comments: