Friday, November 18, 2011

Response to the Missing K

I recently read a blog over at The Missing K titled - There Be [censored] in these Woods. You can access it here.

The entry spoke of a young woman and how she had been backstabbed by women in the past, who she thought were her friends. She weaved a tale of jealousy and anger throughout the blog instilling just a dose of healthy paranoia.

After reading the entry, my main question was this, do women really feel like some other women are out to get them? Or is this just a tale of someone who has been hurt by bad relationships in her life?

I don't personally know the writer of the Missing K, so I really don't know the answer to that one. I do know that some women - not all women - are out to get other women.

At a past job, I watched a woman who was quite heavyset harrass and make life a living hell for some of the younger more attractive female employees. If one of the females would start talking to another male employee she would barge in and totally take over the conversation. She would often argue and berate the smaller employees for their size, so I can kind of see where the author of The Missing K is coming from.

But here's the ultimate question, how do women get past that. How do some women move past the cattiness and petty jealousy that surrounds them in their lives? Raising a daughter, I'm going to have to figure out that answer. While the author of The Missing K has stated her alternative - I want to go a different route for my daughter - Peace.

0 comments: