Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mom and me

Things change. I think I was 13-years-old when I took this picture with my mother outside my aunt's house in North Carolina.

Now 20 years later, I'm all grown up, a bit taller and my mom is a grandmother. She recently came down for about three weeks to see my wife and I along with our bundle of joy Grace.

It was a surreal experience for me, because this was the first time since 1996 that I spent that much time with my mom.Where does the time go?

The one thing that I learned the most from her visit, other than I need to take care of myself and dress better, is that you never really stop being a parent.

My mom came to help me out during a tough time with Grace. And in helping out she gave me some of that sage wisdom she is known for.

"One of the best jobs you'll ever have is being a parent."

Looking at my daughter Grace, and remembering the short time I had with Benjamin - I have to admit...she's right.

Thanks mom.

0 comments: