Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why I do, What I do.

Because I'm a slim guy, some friends and family members have often made snide comments about me working out.

The taunts I think spring from uneducated minds, because working out isn't about losing weight, so much as it is trying to stay healthy.

My family on my mother's side is predisposed to diabetes and hypertension - the latter of which I had during my 20s before I started my workout routine.

It's important for me to try and maintain my health, by running, lifting weights and keeping busy.

Things are a lot more difficult with Grace (my daughter) around, because now everything has to be tailored around her schedule.

But that by no way means that exercising must be cut out entirely. Now, I get up 4 a.m. and sneak away to a popular running trail while Grace is sleeping. For one hour I give it my all before I come back in to relieve my wife of her duties taking care of Grace.

It's a must. In this day and age where so much of our work is done sitting down using computers, and inside an office all day long, a regular work out routine is needed.

We have to keep fit. So to all of those who have made the beanpole comments and the toothpick comments, save them. I'm trying to see my daughter grow up, and I want to enjoy as much time with her as I can.

0 comments: