Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Middle Class or Walking Dead?

So, according to an AP story that ran last week,  Mitt Romney and President Obama think that middle income families are those that live in households where the income $250,000 to $200,000 or less. Romney points out that he doesn't think households that make $100,000 are middle income.

Is it just me, or does it seem like these two have no clue about the economic realty in this country? Or perhaps I just need to reside to the fact that I need to broaden my thinking when it comes to finances (at least that's what my wife says).

I mean if $100,000 in a household isn't considered middle income... man I must really be behind the curve. To quote one of my co-workers, "if this is what middle class is, what does that make me?"

My answer, the Walking dead.


It's true. We who are not making this salary are simply zombies. The bottom feeders in the economic plans of these presidential candidates. In truth, we're the ones propping the country up. The lemmings who bought into the dream of going to college and settling into careers to take care of our families.

Or we could just be lazy for not doing all we could to reach middle income status. 






0 comments: