Saturday, June 11, 2011

Husbands when you see her ... RUN!!!!!!

Every husband goes through this. And if you haven't yet, then trust me it will come up in the marriage. Nearly every husband has run into the neighbor.

You know the kind that's single, flirty and always conveniently shows up whenever you go and take out the trash.

Yup, that's the one. I remember at one point in our marriage we had just that kind of neighbor. She seemed to always be leaving her place whenever I stepped out. To make it so bad she rode mass transit as well.

Everyday, when she saw me, she would talk my head off about some bit of obscure business. Occasionally, she would throw in the question, how's your wife?

Now she really didn't want to know how my wife was, no she wanted to get an update of how we're doing. Sad but true. One of my college buddies actually termed it as scouting.

I was so happy when she moved out because it was causing such a strain in my marriage. Not that anything was going on mind you, but I was relieved because my wife could just sense that this woman did not have good intentions. And I would often hear about it.

And the ruder and more distant I got, the more the neighbor seemed to like it.

But the truth is, and all married men will tell you - and some wives too - is that this kind of woman exists and she is out there waiting to pounce. Perhaps she's a co-worker or she's attends the same gym. Maybe she's even at the church.

Whatever the case is, the best bet is, don't make eye contact at all, and if you have to pull a Joseph. You know Joseph from Genesis 39:1-20, the one that escaped the clutches of Potiphar's wife. Run from that vile temptress. Because no matter how much you talk about your wife or your family to divert them away, that just makes it worse.

0 comments: