Friday, June 24, 2011

Sacrificing for Grace

There's a lot of sacrifice involved when it comes to marriage, and even more-so when it comes to raising a child. That's the lesson that I'm learning now, as I have recently found out that I have to cut back on some of my time going to the gym.

I always knew there would be sacrifices, and to some extent I knew that the gym would be on the back burner for a while, but I didn't anticipate it being like this.

Working out has been a staple of my life for sometime now, but its almost impossible to work out with the energy and the intensity that I did before my daughter was born.

That's where the sacrifice comes in, I think. You have to give up something you love, for something greater.

It often amazes me at how many people who try to hold onto their lives B.C. (Before children). You have to change and adapt with the times. I can no longer just haphazardly get in my car and drive off and go and hang out. There is Grace to consider. There's also my wife to consider. I don't want to put her in a position where she always feels like she is taking care of Grace.

Grace is a joy, and is worth a lifetime membership to any gym and then some. It requires a great deal of energy to keep up with her, and she hasn't even started crawling yet. I love Grace and if there are more sacrifices to be made, then sign me up.

0 comments: