Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Struggle

I believe that Jesus Christ is my personal savior. But am I living that way? Am I living a life that's in line with Christ's plan of salvation for my soul?

To be perfectly honest, I don't think so. I don't think know that there are decisions that I making, and actions that I'm taking that aren't in line with Christ's word.

It's not that I don't believe in Christ's promise or Christ's favor, it's simply because I struggle with the desires of my own flesh.

For nonbelievers or those who are not familiar with the faith, who might be reading this, when I say that I struggle with the desires of my own flesh, I specifically mean those stray thoughts that I have that aren't in line with the biblical truth that Christ presents.

This creates a conflict - if you will - in my spirit - this struggle - and seeks to undermine my faith. These errant thoughts, which without prayer, can become very dangerous actions.

The apostle Paul suffered from his own conflict, which he called a thorn. In 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Paul provides a bit more detail about his thorn, or his weakness.

Paul asks for the thorn to be removed, but God replies to him that his grace is sufficient enough. It's a constant reminder for Paul to realize that he needs God and that he is not perfect.

I have many thorns in my flesh that I suffer from. It has been through constant prayer that I have been able to keep these thorns at bay, but they are still there.

Under my own power, I know that I will falter. But through Christ, all things are possible.

0 comments: